Our industry specific, vertical market applications are each a suite of products carefully and specifically designed to address the needs of the client. Mandala Systems specializes in creating these packages to ensure your business works more efficiently. In many cases modifications of these existing packages can be made to suit an individual client’s requests.
A comprehensive management information and accounting system for the fast food industry, adopted by McDonald’s licensees from Newfoundland to Alberta. Includes specialized Inventory Control, Statistical Reporting, Sales Ledger, A/P, G/L and Payroll.
Construction Management and Accounting System
A job costing system for the general contractor. Comprehensive cost breakdown by job, contract item, phase and unit. Includes tender computation, scheduling, equipment cost, allocation, equipment profitability by item, labour breakdown by job, item and phase. For road contractors, this system includes a subsystem to accumulate, analyse and post to Accounts Payable, trucker’s tickets by job, item, phase, truck, trucker, and material source. Project costs are maintained across year ends.
Public Housing System
A comprehensive system providing for the complete accounting and statistical needs of either Housing Authorities, including consolidated reporting to Head Office (Housing Corporation or Department), or for the head office itself, whether a Housing Corporation, Department or Agency. Suitable for distributed networks or centralized data processing.
Includes Applications Management, Tenant Management, Central Registry, Cash Receipts, Refunds, Rent Supplement, Authority Management, Mortgage Administration, Project Management, Head Office Functions, Property Maintenance, Inventory/Material Control, General Ledger and Budgeting, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
Fuel Oil Distribution
The Fuel Oil Distribution system is a comprehensive, vendor-independent system that will serve the needs of a multi-branch operator by allowing each branch to operate independently but still provide consolidated management and accounting information to the corporate head office. It interfaces with both Automated Wireless Environments (AWE) and RAM card wireless applications to provide a functional and reliable system in which client location, billing, driver routing and scheduling information is transmitted from the corporate IT environment to the truck. The truck returns with volume, product, location and invoicing data whenever it is within transmitting range. The received truck data is distributed automatically to the various inventory, accounting and billing systems which make up the Fuel Oil Distribution system. Features include:
- Multiple branches
- The ability to identify and accommodate customers as direct or indirect (customers who receive fuel from the distributor, but are invoiced by the supplier)
- Multiple billing frequencies for budget plans, lease agreements, and home service plans
- Daily reconciliation of product purchases, transfers, sales and on-hand inventory volume- corrected to 15 C.
- Tax structures that involve up to 5 different taxes (road taxes, excise tax, GST, HST, PST) in varying combinations and rates on each product in multiple provinces
- Driver commissions
- Dangerous goods documentation
- Multiple cost structures
- Databases for storing actual and 50-year average daily maximum and minimum temperatures
- Databases for volatile products containing special information such as density, coefficient of expansion, and volatility, for reconciling inventory, computing usage and establishing reasonable shrinkage allowances
- Links to General Ledger for revenue and expense per unit analysis
- Associating zero to several meters with each inventory location (truck, card lock, bulk carrier)
- Databases of customer delivery locations (fuel tanks), including codes to identify customers, routes, tank information, products, discounts, pricing, delivery schedules (regular intervals, per call, automatic)
- Links between product pickup and Accounts Payable and between product delivery and Accounts Receivable, and between all product movement mechanisms and Inventory Control, and the ability to account for volume changes due to the addition of marking agent compounds.
- Asset rental agreements: Subsystem to manage and bill rented fixed assets. This system tracks the equipment that a customer rents and bills them accordingly.
- Finance Agreements: Subsystem to manage and bill financed customer amounts. Flexible enough to handle multiple billing frequencies, number of payments and interest rates.
- Budget Agreements: Subsystem to implement budget payments. These agreements are used to divide a customer’s yearly payments into 10-12 equal monthly payments.
- Thermal Expansion: Fuel oil transactions may need to be adjusted to handle thermal expansion in certain storage tanks. Most tanks have automatic thermal correction, but there are exceptions. Non-self-correcting tanks need to be identified, coefficient of expansion associated with each product in the product profile, and the expansion adjustment computed, as required.
- Mechanism for selling fuel on consignment to participating gas stations. In these situations, the fuel is invoiced to a third party
Application Building Blocks
Mandala’s Industry Specific solutions are founded on a comprehensive set of building block modules. These modules are full featured systems that can be used without modification or can be customized into new industry specific applications providing customers with complete individualized systems at a fraction of the cost of custom or in-house software development.